Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Welcome 2010! So, which is the correct way to say this year, is it "two-thousand ten", or "twenty ten"? I've heard both, what's the consensus?

Our Christmas and New Year's holidays were just as wonderful as can be...especially with our two-year-old in the fray. This was the year that Scott finally caught on to the whole gift idea and that presents were for him and cool stuff was inside. It all started with his birthday, and now anything that is wrapped with pretty paper and a bow doesn't remain wrapped with pretty paper and a bow for very long. I also can't keep a candle lit for more than 3 minutes after his birthday party...so if our house smells more of sulfur than magnolias, that's the reason why.

Enjoy the pics of the festivities...that's all I'm posting this time - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The Cake...before/during assembly




The finished product...we have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse fanatic here.


The Chef

6 comments:

Drew and Kat said...

I am totally impressed with your cake!! WOW!!

Good to see you guys at the family christmas party!

Sarah said...

So cute Jill. I love the picture of Chef Scott! Glad you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gray Family said...

Amazing cake Jill - you put mine to shame! Come do one for Megan and Haley please!! BTW - the pizza should be arriving on Thursday if not before!

Ryan and Laura said...

love the cake- and the little kitchen. I wish we had room for one. Tyler is my little sous-chef all the time, whether i like it or not ;) Hope you guys are doing great. Happy New Year!!

Wendy said...

So was that you or Scott that made the cake. He's a natural! Love the Kitchen that Matt made! Was impressed! Glad you had a great holiday season!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Love the kitchen! Love the cake! Love all three of you!