Sunday, December 13, 2009

Picture Nightmares...

We had our ward Christmas breakfast yesterday morning and joined in the annual ritual of eating lots of yummy food, decorating crafts, and forcing our kids to sit on Santa's lap, (tears, claws and all) to get a candy cane. Our ward has an unusual tradition, however, started by our awesome Emcee Brother Rasmussen, while the kids are waiting for Santa to appear..."traditional" Christmas songs are way overrated.


Last week we tried to sit on Santa's lap at my parent's ward Christmas breakfast and this was the result:














So all week long I talked with Scott, telling him that we were going to see Santa again on Saturday, letting him know that if he sat on Santa's lap, he would get a candy cane. Of course, all week long Scott agreed, I'm sure focusing on the candy cane...just get past Santa and get the candy. Well, here's the result from yesterday's 2nd attempt of sitting on Santa's lap...(note the death grip on my neck and the rather desperate face).



























Oh well, next year...but you've gotta have at least one terrified picture with Santa. I'll count my blessings until Scott really catches on to what Santa is all about.

We decided that torturing Scott with Santa wasn't enough for one day, and we had our friends come and take our family picture at the house. Scott was totally into the camera, but when it came time to hold still long enough, say cheese, and look at the camera, other things became suddenly more interesting...including toys he hasn't played with for weeks! But the little trooper came through and we got some fantastic shots...but I think it was due to the fantastic photographer...love it when your visiting teacher pulls through! So here's our little man...he'll be 2 next week!! Can you believe it?!!

3 comments:

McEwen Family said...

Okay the picure of Scott wrapped around your neck is priceless. So glad you posted it so he can someday see how he really felt about Santa at this age! Glad you got some cute familiy pics that you liked. I still can't get over Scott looking like the cutest little man alive!

Wendy said...

It's amazing how fast time flies! I can't believe that he's going to be 2! He's a cutie and I am just laughing because Lizzie was in the same boat - even when Jared was playing Santa at Kim's ward party! The pictures are priceless!

Brandon Wilkes said...

Hi Jill (Sorella Dunyon :) )
Long time no see. I hope you don't mind me sending you a brief message here. It is really fun to see you so happy with such a cute family. Life is so different now since the days of the mission but I was curious to know how you were doing. I'd love to catch up with you, if you would like to look me up on Facebook under Brandon McCoy Wilkes or e-mail me at bmerwilkes@yahoo.com. I really am glad to see you doing so well.

Ciao Bella,

Brandon Wilkes