Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recap

A lot has gone on these past few weeks, so here's a brief recap:

First, we had Mom and Grandma and Grandpa Storer here for a few days to celebrate Jenny's birthday and Ellie's birthday! Grandma and Grandpa got to stay here at our house, and spoiled Scott silly as Great-grandparents are supposed to do. Of course, Scott loved every minute of it...I still can't believe that my 88 year old Grandpa can rough and tumble with the littlest of them.
We celebrated Jenny's birthday and Ellie's birthday while they were here, and shopped, cleaned and played the entire time. Mom really helped Jenny with her house, and it looks fantastic...even Madison and Ellie's new room (ask Jen for details).

We also got to see Aaron, Brooke, Emma, Heidi and Grace while they were here to see the Lion King! Aaron and Brooke took Emma to the show, so we got to play with Heidi and Grace for the day...again, hard to rip the kids away from Jenny's house. I think they just need to move back here. :)

Next, we found out that Sarah came down with shingles last weekend, and as a last minute decision, I decided to pack up Scott and head through the rainy weather to Dad and Mom's house to meet her there to help her recover and take care of Baby Luke. Austin was so good about her leaving him alone for a few days so I could help her, and after holing up for a few days and waiting out the rainy week, she headed home a little better than when she came. Scott had a ball with Baby Luke - this is the first baby Scott has been around, and I think he enjoyed the idea that there was another person smaller than him! (This picture is of Scott teaching Luke how to give bones - I think Luke figured it out pretty quickly - he takes bones very seriously). He was very helpful and soft with Baby Luke - and of course, got some more Grandpa time...this time from both Grandpas and great-Grandpa. Everyday I have to tell Scott that we can't go to Grandpa's house today. Heartbreaker.

We made it back through all the rain and snow (yes, it does snow in Vegas every now and again), and are back home in our own beds...that leads me to our latest update...Scott is now in a big boy bed!!!

Two weeks ago we came home from Church, put Scott in his crib for his afternoon nap, and not two seconds later, there he was in the kitchen! I took him back, took out the bumper pads, moved the dresser away from the crib and tucked him in...no such luck. He easily scaled the crib and jumped out. He even figured out that if he took his socks off, he could get a better grip on the railings. Yikes. So we dismantled the crib and put him in his new bed.

So, of course, we're back to the sleepless nights. At least once a night I get the tiny voiced wake up call next to my bed "Mommy?" - why do they never go over to daddy's side of the bed? At least I'm lucky that he allows me to take him by the hand and walk him back to bed. No fuss. He'll just lie there in bed as long as one of us is sitting in the rocking chair until he falls asleep. Today, however, I left the room at naptime and he actually stayed in bed! Ahhh, sweet progress. We'll see if it lasts.

So that's where we are for now!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you came to help out, I can't tell you how nice it is to have family that will come to your aid no matter what! Thank Matt for letting you come. Love you

Brooke and Aaron said...

Thanks so much for watching Heidi and Grace for us. We didn't worry about them at all because we knew they were in good hands. We're glad Scott had so much fun with all of his grandma's and grandpa's. He's so cute! He did such a good job sharing his toys on Sunday too! Good luck with the big boy bed! Glad you're making progress. That was so sweet of you to help Sarah out for a few days. Everyone needs a sister like you!

Gray Family said...

I love that Scott sleeps with his pooter in the air. Now, when do you come to my house to clean and shop and play? Never mind, forget the clean, let's just shop and play! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you!