Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Saddest Day




This post is the hardest one I've ever had to post, so it'll be a short one. Last night our sweet puppy (actually she's 8 years old, but we call her our puppy) Sophie decided it was time to go Home. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure about a year and a half ago and last night it finally was too much for her and her little body couldn't handle it anymore, so we decided to let her go Home. It was definitely the hardest thing we have ever had to do, but we know that she's happy and not hurting anymore. We'll miss her so much.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry guys...we will miss our "Soapy", but she is healthier and happier now. Love you guys

Gray Family said...

I told the girls last night what had happened and they all gasped like expected and then my sweet caring Megan turned to Haley and said, "I really liked Sophie, she was a good puppy." This coming from two little girls who did not like dogs at all - but somewhere deep down they loved Soph too.
Love you all.

Lori said...

We are so sorry for you guys. Sophie was such a sweet dog ... and it was always such a treat to have her over when Matt was our home teacher. We're so sorry though ... please let us know if there's anything we can do ... and in the mean time, just know that you're in our thoughts during this sad time.

The Yates Family said...

Oh Matt and Jill, our hearts reach out to you. We definately understand how you felt about Sophie. These are not just animals, they are members of our families! We're sorry for your loss.

Perley Family said...

Oh, I am so sorry. Saying goodbye to your dog is like saying goodbye to a family member. It is so hard. At least you can feel good about the fact that she is in a much better place now.

Tate said...

Hey Jill its Jodi. I am so sorry that is so hard the are like our little babies. Our blog address is zoelynnetate@blogspot.com

Those crazy Lewis' said...

I am truly sorry! I know that she was very much a part of your family.