Thursday, March 27, 2008

Can things get worse?




Being in the financial industry keeps me up to date with the happenings of our country's economic condition and if you haven't taken note, it's very scary. My homepage at work is CNN and I've noticed lately these stories popping up about "good" people getting caught up in the subprime mess, losing their house, their jobs. Our once powerful and mighty nation is racking up an unfathomable debt $53 trillion!
(see http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/26/beck.deficit/index.html). The article in the link is something to think about. Next time you hear of the government saving another bank by dishing out 200 Billion to get them out of some mess, just think... who's going to pay for that? That's right, Mr. & Mrs. tax payer.

Well to end this random and hopefully insightful post, thought I would leave you with one last picture that Jill and I both thought was pretty funny.






3 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

Thanks for the insightful post Matt. The fine print on the "Wishes" poster is funny.

Unknown said...

I agree Matt. We get a lot of info about the economy just from law school...lots of visiting professors, etc... that lecture on the mess we are in.

Tomorrow I will hear from one of the country's most brilliant professors who will talk about the mortgage meltdown and how every choice made by the government to "save" mortgageees will just have horrible ramifications down the line. Let the market correct itself....government, STOP GETTING IN THE WAY!

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Matt:

I love depair.com! Their posters crack me up. Thanks for the analysis on the economy. I couldn't agree more. It's time to hunker down and whether the storm!!!

Rich