Friday, July 23, 2010

Lake Powell/Time Warp




We had one of the best Lake Powell trips this year! The beach was great, the water warm, the sun hot, skiing awesome, Grandpa's boat "super fast", and the family lots of fun. Topped off with good food and sparklers, what more could we ask? I love Lake Powell - still thinking of a way we could have a floating ice cream stand and make a killing going up and down the beach at Lone Rock. :)

I think, though, that Lake Powell was a time warp and we re-entered our life in a different place...some good and some bad. Good = Matt's new job. He's loving it and having fun and (dare I say it?) actually WORKING. Imagine that. Bad = I was laid off from my job. They decided to hire a management company to run the books and crew to hopefully make a profit, so that means I'm out of a job. While I understand and applaud the financial strategy, I'm completely frustrated and upset about losing the paycheck and unhappy about how it all went down. It would have been nice to have a little bit more of a head's up - considering they were friends - but I guess that's not how they roll. So we're trying to quickly adjust to the new changes - why does it seem like they happen all at once? Good = everything will work out like it always has. :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So So super fun, I'm so bummed I missed out this year, next year though, look out, we'll be there in all our Lake Powell GLORY!!

Gray Family said...

Like Sarah, super bummed that we missed Lake Powell this year. Love the pic of dad resting - how long did that last? Good to hear about Matt's job, sad to hear about yours, look on the bright side though - more time to go to disneyland!!!!!! How about next week?Love you!

Brooke and Aaron said...

"Time Warp" is a perfect way to explain that weird feeling you have upon returning from a trip like that. Back to real life. I'm sorry to hear about your job! I've always wanted to do what you did for that company. Like you said, it will work out. Just have faith. We're thinking of you!

Wendy said...

It always seems like things will turn out for the best. I am so glad about Matt's job and it WAS a GREAT Lake Powell year! Here's to another year of great memories!