Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lots of Firsts

We have been busy, busy, busy lately...obviously as you can see since it has been so long since our last post! We've had lots of firsts in our house lately, and here's the biggest one!


Yep, our little boy is on the move once again, and there's no stopping him now! I took a trip up to Utah with my mom last week to take Grandma and Grandpa home, and the magic of Grandma's house worked again, because Scott took his first steps there! He crawled first at Grandma's in October, so for all of you who want your child to start moving, there's something magical at Grandma's house! Elaine had the magic touch, and after a few first steps, Scott discovered that walking is the way to go.

Of course, now that he can walk, he can also CLIMB. The other day I was working in the kitchen cleaning up, and I looked over to see Scott investigating new areas of the house...


As well as trying out his new balancing act...

So I'm on constant watch for my little daredevil...I have even become one of those moms who have to chase their little guy up the aisle at church during Sacrament Meeting. YIKES! But I love it - he's so funny!!

The other big first we've had around here is Scott's 1st Haircut...I'm still working on that video so stay tuned! - but mission accomplished! Thanks Mom! No more mullet!

So if you call the house or try to skype us and I don't answer as quickly as before, this is the main reason...however, there is another reason I might not answer the call...I might be trying to catch up on some sleep! I've been called as a seminary teacher for the freshman class in our stake and we have early morning torture, I mean seminary. Yep! I think our new Stake Presidency is completely bonkers for calling me to seminary, but it's working out so far... and I haven't killed any of the kids...yet.

But a big THANKS to everyone who has helped me get things together for this class (getting called in the middle of the school year isn't the best way to go) - especially Sarah for her FANTASTIC ideas on how to keep the little rugrats in line. Totally earning appreciation for all those seminary teachers out there...karma!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that he is climbing and walking, what a CUTIE! Love the BYU t-shirt as well!! I'm so glad that seminary is working out! You are an awesome teacher, and once they sit still long enough to listen, they will know that too! I love you Jilly!

The Yates Family said...

I am going to miss Scotty, I mean you guys, so much! Little cruiser. Oh yeah, is that a BYU t-shirt I see him sporting? Are you converting? I knew you'd see the light some day! :)

Please keep posting stuff on the blog so we can keep up with you guys. Good luck with Seminary, Jill, you will be a FANTASTIC teacher. We loved you in Gospel Doctrine.

McEwen Family said...

Wow, thanks for all the updates, I need to come and see you! I can't believe Scott is walking, climbing etc... you definately have your hands full right now just watching him. And SEMINARY!!! You are such a good person, I think I'd die. The kids are going to LOVE YOU!!! I really think you have a gift when it comes to teaching and that's why you have been called to one of the hardest callings ever! I admire you so much Jill!

Anonymous said...

We are still waiting for Calin to take off walking. I think that he is being a little on the lazy side, but I also know that we are in trouble when he starts, so I don't know that I will complain too much. Seminary...yikes, I am glad that it is you and not me but I am sure that you will do awesome.