Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt! - the big 3-0!

It seems like this month is full of birthdays! We celebrated Matt and Kjersten's birthdays on Sunday with the Eckersleys and Dunyons, and boy was it fun...and hot!! But it's always fun to get together and eat and play, and that's what we did. We had lots of chocolate to eat for dessert, too - I made this chocolate raspberry ganache cake from Emeril Lagasse's recipe on Food Network...and it turned out pretty yummy! Matt and Kjersten ended up with lots of loot as well - they must be loved!

Because we celebrated Matt's birthday a day early, I had to do something fun for his actual birthday, so when he got home, Matt had a treasure hunt waiting for him. He had to search all over the house following clues for his last birthday present...Scott helped me hide it.
And happy birthday to Kevin!! His birthday is the same day as Matt's birthday; we hope you had a fun day!

And of course I can't post on this blog without putting the latest pictures of Scott...so here you go! Our little chubby boy is 5 months old today!!

5 comments:

Those crazy Lewis' said...

maybe when I get to be your age I can borrow your walker!
Just kidding! Happy birthday

Lori said...

Happy 30th Matt! Looks like you celebrated in style, as you should. Can't believe how big Scott is getting ... what a cutie!

The Yates Family said...

Happy Birthday, Matt! You've joined the 3 decade club - welcome! Jill, the cake looks delish - I'll have to look up the recipe. And Scott is adorable! I saw your pictures on Karen's blog, so so cute!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Happy Birthday Matt!! Sorry we didn't call. We still love you!! Scott is so cute. I love the picture with him wearing the birthday hat.

Ryan and Laura said...

Happy Birthday to Matt and Scott is so cute!