These last few weeks Scott has been asking to go to school...I know, my kid all the way. But I have to tell him he can't go to school until he's 4. After a very disappointed look, he usually insists that he's going to go to school when he's 3, not 4. Well. However, today we were able to compromise a little and send him to "swimming school"!! We started swim lessons yesterday, and this was Scott's first lesson without me in the water with him (however, I was prepared to get right in - spoiled, I know). Much to my surprise (and secret sadness), he did just fine without me, especially when I told him he would be going to swim school. *Sniff Sniff* Is this a shadow of things to come for Kindergarten?This is a picture from Memorial Day - I was so prepared to be in the water yesterday that I didn't take my camera! More pictures to come...
A Beautiful Baptism Girl
9 years ago
4 comments:
He is getting to be such a big independent boy! NO!!! I'm glad you are living through this before me, so I can call you crying and you'll understand. Love you!
Get the box of Kleenex out. I thought sending Paige to 3rd grade would be easy - you know since she'd already been in school for 3 years. NOPE!!! Now I am getting ready to send my BABY!!!! to kindergarten!!!! Do you think you could spare a hanky? How is it possible to be so proud and so sad at the same time?
Awww. So sweet. It's one of those moments as a parent where you're just as proud as you are almost heartbroken, just like Kim said. I'm glad he loves swimming school!
How fun! It's good for him to spread his little wings and swim! It's fun to see them grow and experience new things!
Post a Comment