We made it! 32 days with a cast on a two-year-old almost beat us, but we made it...even through sand at the beach, sand at playgrounds, and a lot of vinegar. Yes - you can disinfect a cast with vinegar (I would recommend apple cider or rice vinegar - not such a strong smell). Scott watched the un-casting with all the curiosity of a two-year-old and loves telling people about it, sound effects included. (Bzzzzzz goes the saw). He's using his right arm now without me having to remind him all the time, but I'm wondering if he really will be a lefty now, after a month of restricted use. We'll see. And of course, we already have him back to work.
To keep the attention off the arm, we kept busy with a trip to California for a week and then a trip to Arizona for a week! I realized after we got home that we missed four Sundays in a row in our ward...needless to say, Matt and I were asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting last Sunday. Our trips were a blast, though!


The trip to California included Luke's baby blessing, complete with all the family we could muster for the quick weekend, a ride on the train to Oceanside after missing our stop in San Clemente (but hey, Jenny and I had four kids under the age of 4 to move quickly off the train...can you blame us?), a couple of trips to the beach, a day at Irvine Park with another train ride and the zoo, an awesome day at Disneyland where we saw Mark Wahlberg (so hot right now), visiting Matt's parents as well, and the Mission Viejo 1st Ward Roadshow performance (Broadway, here they come)! Really, what more could we ask for? Oh yeah - the best weather in the world all week long - so warm, in fact, that we made an emergency trip to Target for shorts and t-shirts.
The trip to Arizona was to stay with Wendy and Jared's children while they went on a cruise to Mexico (I think they got the better deal for the week), so not as much fun as the California trip, but still, it was a ball! Sarah and Luke came for the week, too, so I wasn't totally alone (hallelujah) so we were able to keep all the chillen's busy at the park, playing the wii, in Wendy and Kim's awesome backyards, at the awesome Scary House, at school and everywhere in between. Scott and Lizzy are going to try out for the "So You Think You Can Dance" show - see the audition clip below, and please send in your votes! It was fun to be with Cole, Kate and Lizzy for the week and get to know their little habits and cute ways. Scott is totally going through withdrawals of having to be with just Mommy again after being highly entertained all week long by his awesome cousins.
Whew, so now we're home and finally back into our groove here and back with Matt (wonderful guy for letting us have fun while he stays home to work)! We're loving the warmer weather and have spent every moment outside...especially nice with the cast off, too - I'm sure the warm weather would have made the cast thing even tougher!
A Beautiful Baptism Girl
9 years ago
6 comments:
Wow. You're just full of adventures. That train to San Clemente always gave us trouble too. Whether it's almost losing kids at the stops, or leaving an important bag on there and not realizing it until the train is long gone. Oh the memories. Yeah for getting the cast off. I hope that is something I never have to go through..but now that I've said that I probably will someday. I bet Matt is happy to have you both back home. Love you!
Love love love the header picture of Scott with Tigger! That is exactly how I pictured him. when are you coming again? We are having Jill and Scott withdrawals!
Yep, I'd definitely say we got the better end of the deal. But to miss the two of them dancing is unforgettable. Thanks to you and Matt and Scott for enduring the week with us. Your travels and memories are priceless. You are truly amazing!
Yeah for no casts!! Unfortunately since we both have boys I forsee many casts in our future...lol I'm just glad you went through it first and now I have someone to call when Luke needs one! Thanks for the fun times in AZ, we are going through Scott/Jill withdraws!
Hi Jill! Its Kat Miner! Hey was wanting to put a built in shelf/cubbies in my nitch, and I remembered that your hubby does that kind of stuff. Do you think he could come give me an estimate sometime this week. Here is my # 379-9652. Thanks a bunch.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Post a Comment