Well, it finally caught up to me...I couldn't avoid it any longer. We even tried going on trips over the weekends so our Bishopric wouldn't be able to hunt us down, but eventually they caught up to us and it landed - on me. Yep, I am the new Relief Society Enrichment Leader! Watch out Centennial Pointe Ward!
I'm actually pretty excited about the calling - I've been the "Homemaking Leader" before once upon a time (am I dating myself here?), so I know the drill, but with the new guidelines, I feel a little bit, um, let's just say overwhelmed, with the calling. Luckily we have a VERY active ward, so I don't have any worries about actually getting a good majority of the sisters to attend, but just the thought of having to run these mini-activities without a full "Homemaking Board" makes me shiver.So, here's the plea for all you blog stalkers out there - land 'em on me - any ideas you have for Enrichment activities or stuff that you just LOVED in your ward, or even things that you hated - let me know! I've got a good list going of things, and my mom and sisters have helped a TON, but there can never be enough ideas!
BTW - I'm trying to stay away from too many "traditional" enrichment ideas for two very good reasons:
1 - I couldn't sew to save my life...sorry mom.
2 - They've been overdone lately and um...that's why I've been called? :)
So, sorry but we'll not be doing any crochet necklaces (although I heard that they could be the new prom night fashion)

Homemade aprons (sassy, though - if no one offers any other ideas...)

or learning to play Cat's Cradle with leftover yarn (disappointing, I know - just wait until I'm released and then you'll be back in the game)

Thanks in advance for all the spectacular ideas!! Stay tuned....


6 comments:
Four words! SUCKS TO BE YOU! Oh well. The only "enrichment" that I have been to in the last um 15 years, is one I had to help plan and that was a Grillin' & Chillin' workshop/bake off! We had a tight budget and the idea was to provide dinner for the ladies and then we had a bake-off for dessert. We invited the men to come and we taught them different ideas of things to grill and how to do it. We had a sign up for the bake-off (to make sure we had enough desserts) and everyone got some sort of reward. Actually, I ended up going into labor with Nathan the Sunday before the actual event so I can't tell you how it went, but it was one I was actually thinking about going to. Now, if you had the Cat's Craddle class I would so totally be there!
So fun!! You are the perfect person for the job!! You are filled with fun ideas!! I love it! Now we will move to Vegas and be in your ward...BONUS!! I don't have any ideas now, all mine are geered towards 12-17 year olds, not sure if that is what you are looking for...although those necklaces.... Anyway, I'll get to thinkin'! Good luck!
Don't you teach seminary too? I haven't heard how that's been going. I've been to about the same number of enrichments as Kim..sorry I'm not much help. Anything with food though, and I consider going... I promise I'm active with Sunday meetings, just not so good with this other stuff. You'll be great though. If I were in your ward, I'd so totally be there at enrichment!!
So we need to catch up! I need some Jill time and just want to see what you are up to! Seminary teacher...is that still going on? It seems like an awful lot if it is and they gave you enrichment leader on top of it! But I know you'll be so good at enrichment leader! I don't have ideas off the top of my head but if I think of any I'll let you know. I'm excited to see what you have in store for all of us!
You'll be surprised at how good you will be at it Jilly. I will try and brainstorm for you - no ideas as of the moment but I'll get back to you....the cat's cradle, I think you have something going there. Although those aprons sure rock!
Can I say how much that last picture looks like Wendy...and I think we still have a dress very much like that one. Yikers!!!!
Post a Comment